: : . .
The goal is to be happy and contented in a clean, decluttered home. This requires cleaning out three generations of extra property collections. Tomorrow morning, Thanksgiving Day, I plan to trudge up to the attic and take some before photos. I expect to see a wall of storage boxes, linens, furniture and little used essential items that could be typical of a true hoarder. (I do pride myself on finding places to do tightly packed vertical storage!)
I read an article in the New York Times recently recommending a book written by an esteemed psychologist on this very contemporary problem that seems to span the generations. When I went to Amazon to find the book, a plethora of titles on this decluttering subject appeared. Many of the titles were available FREE for download to a Kindle Reader app if you subscribed to Amazon Prime. Since our family has a subscription, which we use to stream movies and TV shows and to order coffee and tools, I was tempted to get five or six of these books before going headfirst into the project.
Is this golden mother load of free books on decluttering just another way to add clutter to my life? I may run out of memory on my iPad, spend tens of hours reading the books instead of working on decluttering, and then have to make sure I delete the books when I am done, something I am reluctant to do with about 50 books in my library on the Kindle app. Is this a more technological form of shopping at the dollar stores and acquiring lots of junk to add clutter?
No comments:
Post a Comment